Thursday, January 5, 2012

The First Day


First Day

Earlier this week as I was taking my morning stroll around our small and cozy little town, there was no mistaking the importance of the day. It was the first day of school.
Back To School
As you would suspect, the children were milling around full of excitement and wonder. They are  embarking on this new adventure with hope and yes, some fear. Boys sporting their new jeans and girls in their cute little outfits and hair tied in ribbons.

"Enjoy your first day of school"   I said as passing by.

A couple of the children stopped and looked with amazement at me if I had just done some miraculous feat. "How did you know?" one of the children asked. Totally impressed that a stranger would know why they were up and out at this hour of the day.

"I just know these kind of things,"  I replied.
(Not wanting to give away my secret.)

Beble and Flowers

You, on the other hand, are not so easy to impress. Understanding the difference between a child and a grownup. Take that difference, amplify it a million times over, and you will begin to see the contrast between us and our Father.

 


God dwells in a higher place. “The foolishness of God is higher than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men” (1 Cor. 1:25). 


He occupies another dimension. “For My thoughts are not your thoughts. Neither are your ways, my ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isa. 55:8–9).

No comments:

Post a Comment