Friday, November 4, 2011

I love trees because...



I have always delighted in trees for many reasons... 

Ever since I was just a wee little sprout growing up in Miami, Florida, the sights, scents, sounds and feel of breezy Palms by the ocean, intermixed with boats, seashells and pelicans have always had a way of healing and rejuvenating my inner being...  


God gently leads me beside quiet waters and it is He who so gloriously restores 
my eternal soul!


This aged beauty reminds me of how my path of faith, and growth in my trust of God has not always been strewn with roses and dark chocolate covered squares. God has not always intervened in my life in such a wonderful way as to always lift me up and out of my stormy surroundings.


But, it is in this amazing life of ours that God is always present. He loves to interweave the golden threads of His love into each twist and turn of our struggles, sorrows and even in our common and everyday experiences.



 Change...


Autumn ushers in, amazing change filled with praise,
For God's lovely Works and bountiful ways!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17



With branches lifted high, way up high towards the heavens, I am reminded everyday of how trees sing in united and consistent praise and celebration of God, the Great Creator and King!


You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

     I love how trees provide a much needed home and shelter for birds and all kinds of little fury critters. This reminds me of God's love and care for all His creatures. 

     I love how trees provide shade and a fun place to play! I remember as a child, how I loved to climb trees. I took great pride in how high I could climb then swing off the lowest branch and back down to the ground just like a monkey. When I lived in Venezuela, I very often played Tarzan with my cousins as we swung from the thick vines in the jungle. One time though, I did fall, just missing a bunch of recently cut and very pointed tree trunks.

     I had alot of fun in trees when I was a kid! It is a wonder I am still alive...


Royal Palms...

Remind me of the beauty and stature of Jesus, my Heavenly Bridegroom and Savior. I love to think about Heaven and how eternal beauty and splendor will adorn my future royal home, where I will live forever with my King! 

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him. I Corinthians 2:9





These old Oaks remind me of wisdom. What events have they witnessed? If only they could talk... 

One of the purposes of our wounds and trials is not only to test our worthiness but also to increase it and to prepare us for or eternal work in God's Kingdom. Just as the mighty oak is tested by the storms as well as strengthened by them...

I could say so much more about the wonder of trees and the magnificence of the One who created them!

But this post is long enough I think. I would love to hear your thoughts though on this subject! I look forward to hearing from you!

Blessings, and I hope you are enjoying this beautiful Fall Season!




Fruitful trees, and all cedars, fruit trees, palms, rain forest, forest and jungle trees, trees deciduous or evergreen, are equally full of benevolent design, and alike sub serve some purpose of love; therefore for all and by all let the great Designer be forever praised! Hugh Macmillan, 1867.

No comments:

Post a Comment