Sunday, July 29, 2012

No Condemnation For Those in Christ Jesus Part I

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1 (NKJV)

If youre like most Christians, youve probably become anxious on more than one occasion when you have sinned. The thought pops in your mind, Ive gone to far; Ive really blown it this time! Or possibly, God could never accept me after the life Ive lived. And if this has circulated within your head, then youre in good company, because every one of us will, and do suffer from this lie of the enemy at one point or another. This is what Satan; the devil does so well; he lies.

Okay, so why do I know its a lie? Because the verse above in Romans tells me it is. This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible, and it is from one of my favorite books in the Bible. I think each and every Christian should have this printed out somewhere to read each and every time they are confronted with doubt about their being accepted by God.

The problem we encounter is the temptations we face in the flesh. And the solution we tend to come up with is to try harder the next time. The end result is we fall into a binge and purge cycle of trying to do better the next time, and failing.

I remember when I was younger, and how I would try hard to be a better Christian man, but I would end up failing. And I would try again, and I would do good for a while, only to fail once more. I remember telling God, Ill do better tomorrow Lord, I promise!


Then I would get this idea that I needed to read my Bible more. I reasoned to myself, If I did this, then surely I would be able to be a better Christian. So Id make God a promise to read my bible the next day. But the next day came and went, but I didnt do it.


My spirit was willing, but my flesh was weak, and again, I would end up failing. I would get so frustrated, and eventually I would give up. Id figure, Whats the use? I cant do it. But Jesus warned us against this.

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak. Mark 14:38 (NKJV)

But the enemy (Satan, and his emissaries) came right behind and slammed me in condemnation. Notice I said, Condemnation, not Conviction.

If you dont know the difference, Condemnation comes from the devil, while Conviction comes from God through the Holy Spirit. Paul didnt say we there is no conviction from the Holy SpiritHe said, there is no condemnation. Good healthy conviction is essential for all Christians; it is Gods way of correcting our path, and choices when they are wrong.

When the Holy Spirit is working within you, He gently nudges you and whispers:

"Dont do this&
"Its not good&
"Its not right&
"Its sin&

And if you still go through with it, then the Holy Spirit will bring on a conviction upon your heart for that sin committed. He does this so you can stop and repent and confess your sin right then and there.

Confessing is simply coming into agreement that the act was not righteous, and youre acknowledging it before God.

There should be some remorse for your action. If there isnt any remorse, then you need to go before God and ask Him to allow you to see that sin in the way He does.

Tell Him that you are having a hard time, and:

"That you confess, youre flesh is enjoying this sin,
"That it is your true desire to repent
"That it is your true desire to change your hearts fleshly desire with regard to sin.
"That you want to be able to see sin the way He does, and therefore detest these sinful temptations.

Once youve done this, once youve repented, and youve acknowledged before God your inability to do what needs to be done; simply confess your sin before God.

Once this is has transpiredIt is forgotten!

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1John 1:9 (NKJV)

STUDY QUESTION: Can you see how the (3) verses above answer the lie of the enemy, truthfully?

PERSONAL INVENTORY: Have you bought into the lie, that you are not good enough to be loved and forgiven for something you have done, or are doing?

APPLICATION: Dont follow those condemning thoughts of the evil one, or the feelings that follow as a result of his lies; follow the facts given in the Word of God. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus&

No comments:

Post a Comment