Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Quiet Before The Lord


"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." - Matthew 6:6. 




Many times individuals have asked me what they can do for their illness or other problems. They have in most cases, sought help from someone and are in desperate need for further guidance. It is all this time that I usually try to point out the power and presence of prayer in their lives. 


You need to hear again and again the importance of prayer to your wholeness of body, mind, and spirit. Your goal is to achieve the point where you pray without ceasing. This cannot be accomplished overnight but is an art developed over a period of years. There are some tangible steps and I will mention some of them.


First, every believer should sense the importance of spending some time each day in prayer and in meditation. Many of your ailments and many problems of this world could be solved if we all would spend some time alone with God every day. It might be for five minutes or for two hours but it should be a very definite period of time.


I don't necessarily mean the same time each day, but a definite time of quietness before the Lord, regardless of when it is done.


It is not easy to quiet the mind and to put aside all which would detract from the power of the Lord being released in and through you. That which is not easy is essential.


I appreciate being reminded that I am not called to do the easy, but to do the essential. Prayer is essential.


Prayer: Our Merciful and loving Father in Heaven, In the rush of today, O Lord, give me the strength to quiet my whole being. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment