Wednesday, July 4, 2012

use Me Lord-Part II

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 (NKJV)


Im sure youre familiar with that old saying, When life serves you lemons, make lemonade. But what if youre the one who brought the lemons upon yourself? I wanted to share a testimonial of a friend of mine who did just that; he brought some lemons upon himself. But the Lord had plans, and when it was all said and done, He had made lemonade.

Have you ever found yourself being confronted, or shall I say being tempted in a situation spontaneously? Well, this was the situation a couple of weeks ago with my friend.

To keep from using my friends actual name in this devotional, and for the sake of the story, I am going to give my friend the alias name of, Bob.

Bob was at a Chevron station filling up his vehicle when another gentlemen who needed some gas money confronted him. His story was, his wallet had been stolen from his truck while doing a satellite installation. So Bob gives him $10 and sends him on his way. A few moments later, the guy comes back over, and asks bob, Hey, I can hook you up on a satellite dish with the box, installation and everything for $100 if youre interested?

Well, there stands Bob confronted with the temptation of getting all these satellite stations for no monthly cost, and all for just a hundred dollars. Let me just interject here for a moment about Bob; he is a solid Christian man who loves the Lord. And If I were to think of all the people I know, Bob would be the one of the ones who I would say No way! Hes not biting on this bate.

But, Bob does! Ouch!

Thats the way it is in our flesh, Christian or not, were going to be tempted at some point throughout the day, each and every day. One day, youre walking in the spirit, and the next day, youre not paying attention, and youre walking in the flesh. This day was one of those days for Bob, and he had just took his eyes off of the Lord and placed them on fulfilling the desires of the flesh, and he stumbled.

The guy at the station was to give Bob a phone call, and set some things up. So the call comes in about a week later, and the guy sets up a time to come over and install. He arrives and immediately upgrades Bobs offer to 3-boxes and some extra stuff for $300.00. Bob agrees and the guy completes about of the installation, and then tells Bob, hell be back later to complete.

But God is faithful, and He gently nudges Bob with the help of the Holy Spirit, and conviction soon sets in. Bob comes to Church and begins to speak with some of the men, and eventually comes and tells me what he has done and seeks counsel. He is crushed that this has happened, and is bummed more about allowing the devil to work in the other guys life. He knows this is a false witness and could cause this man to stumble from ever wanting to know the Lord.

After all, isnt this the way Satan works so well; pointing out the mistakes or hypocrisy in a Christians walk, to dissuade others from wanting a relationship with God?

Well, we prayed together, and Bob was ready to face this guy when he returned. So the guy comes over and Bob tells him, I cant go through with this. I am sorry I even allowed it to go this far. You can keep the money, but I dont want to keep any of this stuff. I am a Christian, and I know better than this. Besides, God provides me with all my money, so why would I want to alleviate paying what I owe, since I have been given plenty enough. Im sorry for any inconvenience.

Well, the guys eyes start to well up with tears, and Bob starts to share the Lord with him. He opens up his Bible and reads from Romans.

&That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10 (NKJV)

The guy thanks Bob for the information, and tells him, Ill think about this, and then gives Bob a couple of hugs before he leaves.
Bob is relieved at this turn of events and sleeps very well that night.

Not a bad story huh? Hang in there for a moment longer.

Two days later, the guy calls Bob again, this time from Bakersfield California. He tells Bob, I had been thinking about what you told me, and I pulled over on the side of the road, and read the passage from Romans again. And I gave my life to the Lord.

Wow! Praise Jesus&

Dont let the devil defeat you in condemnation. Allow Gods conviction to cause you to turn around and go in the other direction. God will use any situation to build and help others, and He wants to use us to do it. People listen to our testimony, especially when we have done things wrong, only to have God use it for good.

Hey Christian, we all blow it! None of us is without sin, and none of us will be until we are free from the devils presence. But we should know, when we make mistakes, God will, and faithfully does; use it for good, for those who will to do His purpose.

Yeah, Bob brought the lemons upon himself, but God used them to make lemonade! Glory to God!

STUDY QUESTION: What can we learn from our mistakes according to Romans 8:28?

PERSONAL INVENTORY: Are you willing to allow God to use your mistakes to help others from making more?

APPLICATION: Ask the Lord to use you today, it doesnt matter how much you know, or how bold you are, because He will do it all through you, if you allow Him to.

No comments:

Post a Comment