Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Don't give up


VERSE:
   From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer
followed him.
    -- John 6:66


THOUGHT:
   This verse haunts me. Not just because of the three numbers in
the reference, but because it is a great reminder that many folks
simply gave up following Jesus when things became hard to
understand. When he shattered their preconceived notions of
religious things, when he confronted them about their motives, they
went away. What will I do when things get difficult in my
discipleship and I can't figure out all the answers to what is
going on? I hope, I pray, I trust that I will follow until the way
and the will of the Lord become more clear!



PRAYER:
   Awesome God, I confess openly that I cannot begin to understand
all the complexities of your will and the way you work in our
world. But Father, when I'm confused, please bring into my life
people who will help me hang on to my faith until the confusion
passes. And today, dear Father, please use me to help bless someone
who is struggling with his or her faith. In Jesus' name I ask it.
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment