Monday, October 3, 2011

THE LORD WHO HEALS


THE LORD WHO HEALS
“And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.”
I can honestly say that physical sickness is my worst enemy, but by the grace of God; sickness was used by God as my stepping stone to my spiritual growth. Sometimes God used sickness so He can humble us to teach us to trust Him and love Him more.We have read over and over in the Bible how the Lord has healed people who were sick physically. God used sickness so He can magnify His name in us and through us. God also used sickness to get our attention when we’re so busy, play blind on our sin and carelessness and when we procrastinate. One of the most suspenseful and dramatic conversation during the time of Moses was when God called an emergency meeting with Moses, Miriam and Aaron. (Numbers 12: 4- 6) 4- “And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out. 5- And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth. 6- And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.”
The Lord was angry against Miriam and Aaron because of their attitude toward Moses the servant of the Lord. In (Numbers 12: 10-11) tells us that God made Miriam sick with leprosy.  And it was because of her sin. In verse 10- “And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. 11- And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned.”
The leprosy was a disease often inflicted by the immediate hand of God as the punishment of some particular sin, as on Gehazi for lying, on Uzziah for invading the priest’s office, and here on Miriam for scolding and making mischief among relations. (Henry Complete,The Bible Collection)
Meriam was humbled by God through her sickness and the same God who humbled her, healed her. Moses humbled himself before the Lord in behalf of Meriam,
(Numbers 12: 13) “And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee.”
(Deuteronomy 32: 39) “See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment