Monday, October 31, 2011

Smelling Like A Rose



"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28 (KJV). 

Back in my hometown, in the evenings, we would sometimes have games until it was time to go home. One favorite night-time game involved finding the other kids -- while wearing a blindfold.

Once when I was wearing the blindfold, my friends kept clicking crickets to give their position. I believed they were trying to lead me to an open sewer someone had dug up that day. So I went the opposite direction. I fell belly-first right into the sewer. Do you remember the expression "smelling like a rose"? I smelled like anything but a rose. My parents would not even let me in the basement. They hosed me off with the garden hose in the yard.

Maybe we have messed up, and, at the present, we do not smell spiritually or morally like a rose. But if we lay it at God's feet, he will turn our defeat into a growth experience. In today's Scripture, God has said, "All things work for the good of those who know and trust (me) and are called according to (my) purpose." God has promised this and he never lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment