Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A NOBLE SON


(I Thessalonians 4:1-12)
A NOBLE SON
1- “Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. 4- That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; 6- That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.”
It was a remark overheard in a street car, but it reminded us that there are honorable men in the world. A young man said: “I am very particular about paying my fare. I took a ticket home once when I was a small boy and showed it to my father, saying that the conductor had not taken it, and that I was that much ahead. My father looked at me and said that I had sold my honor for a nickel. That put a new face on it. I always think of what he said when I am tempted to repeat the offense.” If all fathers were training their sons in this way there would be fewer dishonorable transactions in high places.” HERALD AND PRESBYTER. Khight’s Master Book of New Illustrations page 304
 “You can fool the hapless public, You can be a subtle fraud, You can hide your little meanness, But you can’t fool God! You can advertise your virtues, You can self-achievement laud, You can laud yourself with riches, But you can’t fool God!
You can criticize the Bible, You can be a selfish clod, You can lie, swear, drink, and gamble, But you can’t fool God! Khight’s Master Book of New Illustrations page 305 YOU CAN’T FOOL GOD
You can magnify your talent, You can hear the world applaud, You can boast yourself somebody, But you can’t fool God!”
   (Granville Kleiser)
Be patient to things and others as well as to the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 4:11-12) “And that you study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
In verse 12, “That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment