Friday, October 14, 2011

A LATE THANKSGIVING DAY MESSAGE FOR YOU…


(Psalm 105:1- 2)
A LATE THANKSGIVING DAY MESSAGE FOR YOU…
1- “O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. 2- Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
When I feel sad, sorry, sorrowful and stressed out, I ponder upon His Word, I pray and I prosper. (Psalm 105:1- 2) are the Lord’s GPS to us Christians. Your questions could be; “How can this be the Lord’s GPS? And what do we mean of GPS in those verses? In verse 1, we were told to Give thanks unto the Lord…” And indeed we need to give thanks to God who gave us this life and the blessings of it. Of course we don’t want to overlook the gift of eternal life in Heaven in Jesus name. Again, in verse 1 it says, “call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.” It means, Pray unto the Lord…” Does it sound familiar to you? If you know what I meant, then were on the same track, you are absolutely right… It was the same things Paul was talking in the New Testament in the Book of (Philippians 4:6) “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” And the last would be “Sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.” Again, does it sound familiar to you? Yes, it was Paul who said that in the Book of(Ephesians 5:18- 20) 18- “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19- Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20- Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;” I believe, this is worship and that’s what God expects of us in our worship. We give thanks, we pray, sing and along with that, we tell others of His marvelous works. We testify to the people of the goodness of the Lord and everything that the Lord has done in our lives. (Psalm 106:1- 2; 30:4- 8; 11- 12) 1- “Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. 2- Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD? who can show forth all his praise? 4- Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. 5- For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. 6- And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. 7- LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled. 8- I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication. 11- Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; 12- To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment