Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hear With Their Ears


"For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their heartsand turn, and I would heal them." But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. - Matthew 13:15-16 (NIV).. 

As I have the chance and the leading, I confront work colleagues and friends about the miracles that I believe Jesus is performing today, through the Holy Spirit. Those who are Christians, or are at least sympathetic, are touched and encouraged by my accounts of God's accomplishing what is truly impossible.


Those who are not predisposed this way think that I am deceived, gullible, or just well-intentioned. It is not yet their time to comprehend the truth; they do not want to see Him the way I do, working behind everyday events. I guess they think that it might mean a change of lifestyle or a letting-go of the things that they have allowed to eat into their existence.


But I believe that God, in and through the Holy Spirit, can speak to them for Himself. It happened to us, so it could happen to them, if they could "see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn". Those of us in the kingdom have a job to do, to evangelize wherever we find ourselves, enabled by the Holy Spirit.


We are now closer to the time that the biblical texts tell about: God's cataclysmic wrapping up of the universe. We live in a world that is not only ripe for judgement, but also one ripe for harvest.


[Jesus] said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." - Acts 1:7(ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment