Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gods limitless Love and Joy


In so many areas we have limits.  Speed limits…for how fast we can drive; limits to the quantities we can purchase of certain sale items; limits on our credit cards (which can be REALLY good for some of us!).  I don’t know about you, but myknowledge and skills are limited in countless areas!
But there is one place that we find NO LIMITS…the heart of God.  His love
is limitless! The passage in Ephesians 3:17-19 so beautifully expresses this truth:
“…and I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
“FILLED TO THE MEASURE OF ALL FULLNESS”…..
God’s love is unlimited, immeasurable, indescribable, unconditional.  I’m not sure we will ever truly grasp how wide and long and high and deep is our Savior’s love.  He willingly gave His life of you and me….sinners!  That’s supreme, sacrificial love!
UNDERSTAND IT?
I don’t! The older I get (I’m a grandma now), the more things I add to my “Don’t Understand” list:
  • Technology and social media
  • How the human body works
  • The miracle of a new baby
  • How an ugly caterpillar becomes a beautiful butterfly
  • Why people mistreat helpless children
No, I don’t understand many things…but the beauty of growing older is that I am learning I don’t have to understand all things—because I have a God Who does!
Psalm 147:5 says it best: “Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has NO LIMITS!” (emphasis mine)
 NO LIMITS!!!
While we are humanly limited in countless ways, we can depend on our God whose understanding of ALL things is limitless.  Isn’t that a secure feeling?  We don’t have to worry or fret; we don’t have to “be anxious” about anything, because our God is great and mighty.  HE
understands it all. Oh, what JOY comes from that knowledge and truth!
***

No comments:

Post a Comment