Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly (John 10:10). What do you do when you feel overwhelmed with life? Unfortunately, many come to see fatigue as normal. They come to accept it as a way of life.

When I stop and pause to reflect on my life, I see that these times point back to my insecurities – my need to be loved, my desire to be valued, the pressure I feel to please other people. So if you add the feeling of insecurity to everything else going on, you have overload. When this happens, what do you do? Cut back a little? Cancel a few appointments? Wrong answers!

If you’re ruthlessly honest, when you’re overwhelmed inside there’s really something going on that’s bigger and deeper and more painful. When we live an overwhelmed life, it affects other people. When you’re overwhelmed you can experience stress, fatigue, frustration, anger, fear, tears, illness, pressure, your relationships are hurt.

When you are overwhelmed, you experience a superficial faith. This is not out of defiance to God where you shake your fist to God and turn your back on Him. You simply become too fatigued and too preoccupied to follow God.

This is not how life was meant to be lived. This is not what God had in mind when he made us. Jesus came to bring us life and have it to the full (see John 10:10). This does not mean we have to pack everything we can into our lives. No, Jesus meant for our lives to be the best life you can ever imagine.

Jesus understood what it was like to be overwhelmed. He understood pressure. There were crowds everywhere. You cannot read the Bible and not see that. Wherever Jesus went there was a crowd. One day Jesus looked up at a group of people who were tired like many of us today. He made a promise that stands to you and me today. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).

Watch the life of Jesus Christ. Find some hope so you don’t walk out of here depressed. Find some hope from the life of Jesus Christ to see what He said and what He did.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment