Friday, August 17, 2012

The Ressurected Christ


I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!... (Revelation 1:18)


Before ascending to heaven, Lord Jesus Christ asked His disciples, "When you were with me for three years, did you lack anything?" (Luke 22:35). They answered, "Nothing." Yes, God can supply all your needs. But look at this world. It is always running behind death and dead works. Worries and fear regarding your day-to-day affairs torment you in this world.


The blood of Lord Jesus Christ will grant you peace in this world. “May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep” (Hebrews 13:20). According to the above mentioned Scripture verse, the blood shed by Lord Jesus on the cross, resurrected Him from the dead. There is life in the blood of Lord Jesus. Before He went to the cross He was tormented by the fear of death. But after shedding His precious blood on the cross, all His fear vanished. He also received peace through that blood. He appeared among His disciples who were gripped by the fear of death and said, "Peace be to you" (John 20:26). He has made a covenant with you through His blood for you to live in peace in this world. He shall resurrect you and remove all your sins, dead works and fear.


A person addicted to alcohol, participated in one of the Jesus Calls meetings held in Tamilnadu, India. He came for the meeting just to see what was happening. That night, before I started to preach, it began to rain heavily. So he thought that we will close the meeting. But with the compassion and the grace given to me by the Holy Spirit, I stood up and prayed, "Lord, these dear ones have come with so much of afflictions. This rain should not be a hindrance for them to receive blessings. So Lord, please stop this rain". Even as I said "Amen," the rain stopped.


Stunned over the miracle, he thought, "How can this be? He is talking with God and God is answering him." He began to listen to my message and learnt about the compassion of God. During the final prayer, when I said, "The Lord shall make you His child today", He cried aloud and surrendered his life to Jesus and returned home happily. This incident happened exactly at a time when he would normally start drinking liquor. From that day onwards, he stopped consuming alcohol. All his family members were amazed by his sudden change. This incident happened in the year 2005.


Recently, I received a letter from him which is written as follows, “Brother, I have not touched the liquor for the past 5 years. Instead I have become a child of Jesus. Although I have lived in this world for many years, I had a real life only these five years. The blood of Jesus has washed me and kept me alive and there is great peace in my family.”


Dearly Beloved, Lord Jesus wants to remove all your dead works and fill you with His peace today. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! (Revelation 1:18). According to this Scripture verse, Lord Jesus Christ confronted death on the Cross but He rose from the dead and lives forever. He shall deliver you from the clutches of death and make you live in this world. He shall be with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment