Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Was Just Thinking

  I stay awake through the night, thinking about your promise. Psalms 119:148 (NLT)
    

    Have you ever just stayed awake at night thinking about all the promises that God has made to you that are contained within His word?
    
    Well, if you like most people, youre probably laying awake because youre worrying about something that is going on in your life, such as an unpaid bill, a relationship that is falling apart, a need for a job, or any number of challenges that we face. 
    
    The fact of the matter is that it is our normal fleshly propensity to fret, doubt or worry when we are faced with something that we are in fear of, or that we have doubts that we can handle. Those negative thoughts can develop a cynical attitude towards a certain situation and we begin to plan a way of escaping, or retreating from a potential threat, or problem that we face, rather than attacking the problem and working through it.
    
    We know that God is omniscient, which means that He has total knowledge of everything, and therefore He already knew that we would think and act in this way. And because He knew this, He gave us, His Children, many promises to calm any potential fear that we would encounter. We just need to read His Word to find and understand these promises.
    
    Im not sure how long a person has to walk about doing and thinking things in their own way before they realize that God has a better way of doing things.
    
     For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9 (NKJV)
    
    Hey Christian, the fact of the matter is that we all tend to think in a limited way from time to time. We believe that things arent possible based on how we feel or what weve seen, encountered, been taught, or led to believe. Well, I would like to introduce a better way of thinking to you today.
     
    Below, is a list of things weve all felt, or feel about something ominous that we have, or might be facing. These are Gods promises to His children regarding those thoughts. You might want to print this list out and keep it handy for the next time you or someone you know are being attacked by the enemy and are being led to believe that something isnt possible.
    
    Why not reboot that hard drive you know as your brain with the truth of Gods promises today? 
    
    YOU THINK: "It's impossible"
    
    GODS PROMISE: All things are possible (Luke18:27)
    
    YOU THINK: "I'm too tired"(
    GODS PROMISE: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
    
    YOU THINK: "Nobody really loves me"(
    GODS PROMISE: I love you (John 2: 16 & John 13:34)
    
    YOU THINK: "I can't go on"(
    GODS PROMISE: My Grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
    
    YOU THINK: "I can't figure things out"(
    GODS PROMISE: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3: 5-6)
    
    YOU THINK: "I can't do it"(
    GODS PROMISE: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)
    
    YOU THINK: "I'm not able"(
    GODS PROMISE: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)
    
    YOU THINK: "It's not worth it"(
    GODS PROMISE: It will be worth it (Romans 8:28)
    
    YOU THINK: "I can't forgive myself"(
    GODS PROMISE: I forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
    
    YOU THINK: "I can't manage"(
    GODS PROMISE: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
    
    YOU THINK: "I'm afraid"(
    GODS PROMISE: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)
    
    YOU THINK: "I'm always worried and frustrated"(
    GODS PROMISE: Cast all your cares on me (I Peter 5:7)
    
    YOU THINK: "I don't have enough faith"(
    GODS PROMISE: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)
    
    YOU THINK: "I'm not smart enough"(
    GODS PROMISE: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30 James 1:5)
    
    YOU THINK: "I feel all alone"(
    GODS PROMISE: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)
    
    STUDY QUESTION: What can we learn about our thoughts verses Gods promises according to the scriptures above?
    
    PERSOANL INVENTORY: Is there something that you are facing that is causing fear and doubt in your thoughts?
    
    APPLICATION: Choose to believe Gods promises today. Seek the shelter that is provided for those who are In Christ; those who know Jesus as Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment