Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bible Verses On Freedom


Below are some Bible verses that relate to freedom we have in Christ. Freedom can be defined in several ways for different individuals. Some people are in bondage to fear, to sin, to other people, to circumstance. Through Christ we are assured God delivers, rescues, frees, and releases Believers from all kinds of chains: be they physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual. I pray you find some verses here to help you understand the freedom God offers you. Feel free to add your favorite verse in the comment box below.
“For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
When we struggle to accept the freedom we have in Christ. When others need to be encouraged to rest in Christ and not the laws of man.:
“Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?” Acts 15:10
“For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15
“We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us. On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us.” 2 Corinthians 1:10
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and He answered by setting me free.” Psalm 118:5
“Since the children [are human], He too shared in their humanity so that by His death He might destroy Him who holds the power of death– that is, the devil — and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.” Hebrews 2:14-15
PRAYERS for deliverance, rescue, and help:
“Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.” Psalm 25:20
“The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior! He is the God who avenges me. . . who sets me free from my enemies.” 2 Samuel 22:47-49
When Others Cast Doubts:
“For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance– now that He has died as a ransom to set them free…” Hebrews 9:15
“But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.” Galatians 3:22
“The Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials.” 2 Peter 2:9
“Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” But you are a shield around me, O LORD…From the LORD comes deliverance. Psalm 3:2-3, 8
“Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” Isaiah 46:4
“For He will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in His sight. Psalm 72:12-14
“When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors He will send them a savior and defender, and He will rescue them.” Isaiah 19:20
Security in Christ’s Freedom:
“But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. You have been set from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.” Romans 6:17-18
“Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.” Psalm 50:15
“With his mouth the godless destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous escape.” Proverbs 11:9
“I sought the LORD, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4
“But for you who revere My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.” Malachi 4:2
“Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” Galatians 1:3-5
Examples of God’s Deliverance and Faithfulness:
“Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if He does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-18 God saved Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego from the fiery furnace to show His watchcare and power to deliver.
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.” Genesis 50:20 God freed Joseph from the pit and raised him up in Egypt to high authority with Pharoah in order to save Israel from famine and certain death.
Why God Rescues and Sets Me Free:
“Because He loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for He acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.” Psalm 91:14-15
“For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him would have everlasting life.” John 3:16
How To Receive this Freedom In Christ:
ASK God: “Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.” Psalm 6:4
THEN: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
BELIEVE: “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
GOD PROMISES: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
UNDERSTAND: “But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation.” Colossians 1:22
I pray you read these verses again and again and gain consolation through the freedom offered you in Christ Jesus….the comfort available…the peace afforded…the sufficiency in God’s grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment