Friday, August 10, 2012

A Blessed Family


When you seek the Lord earnestly, He will build your family. He will not only bless you but He will also bless your descendants.


“O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land there is no water.” (Psalm 63:1). Psalmist David reveals his love for the Lord in such a manner. Yes, David had the experience of seeking the Lord early in the morning and received His blessing. Although he was a mighty king leading multitudes of people, he never failed to seek the face of God early in the morning. Such was the love and longing he had for the Lord. 


He says, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God” (Psalm 42:1). The Lord who looked at his longing and thirst, blessed his house abundantly. Hence, he wrote about his house with great joy in the following manner: “Now you have been pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, O Lord, have blessed it, and it will be blessed forever” (I Chronicles 17:27).


The Lord granted David the greatest privilege of Lord Jesus becoming His descendant. Because of the birth of Jesus, all of us have been blessed from generation to generation. Our families are being built in Christ.


“As for me, this is my covenant with them, says the Lord. My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendents from this time on and forever” says the Lord (Isaiah 59:21).


According to the above-mentioned Scripture verse, the Lord does not stop with blessing us alone but He showers His blessings even upon our descendants. Yes, the blessing of God continues from generation to generation.


World-renowned evangelist Billy Graham has 19 grand children. He would place his hand on their heads and pray for them every morning. Hence, that family has been blessed from generation to generation; and through them many families have been built in Christ.


Likewise, it has happened in our family as well. My father Bro. D.G.S. Dhinakaran had great joy on account of his grandchildren (Sam, Sharon and Sweety). After I got married, I got conceived but I was not aware of it. One day, while we were offering our family prayer, the Holy Spirit spoke to me through my father saying, “I shall bless your children. They shall be born with talents. I wondered as to how children can be born with talents. But today, when I see them singing songs, telling stories, praying and ministering to God with the power of the Holy Spirit even at a young age, I realized how true is the promise given by the Holy Spirit through my father. I am really thrilled to see little Sweety’s longing to sing and minister to God just like her brother Sam and sister Sharon. I praise God wholeheartedly for giving us this great joy. Since the Lord has filled everyone of us in the family with His Holy Spirit, our house is like a little heaven today. The promise of God mentioned in Isaiah 59:21 is being ful
filled in our family.


My dearly beloved, the Lord will build your house and bless your home in the same way. The Lord who promised, “My spirit who is on you and My words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth or from the mouths of your children or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever” is alive even today. He doesn’t change in His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment